Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
Likes: 1813 – Dislikes: 19
This chocolate peanut butter cake is one of the best cakes I’ve ever made. The cake consists of two layers of soft and moist chocolate cake, light and fluffy peanut butter frosting and chocolate ganache. This cake is perfect for birthdays, holiday and celebrations. This cake is loved by adults and children alike. The combination of chocolate and peanut butter makes this cake irresistible.
Full printable recipe + tips:
More Cake Recipes:
Classic Vanilla Cake:
Snickers Mousse Cake:
Red Velvet Cake:
The Cooking Foodie Shop:
For the chocolate cake:
1¾ cups (220g) Flour
3/4 cup (75g) Cocoa powder
1½ teaspoons Baking soda
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1¾ cups (350g) Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup (240ml) Buttermilk
1/2 cup (120ml) Vegetable oil
1 cup (240ml) Coffee
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
For the peanut butter frosting:
1 cup (230g) Butter, softened
1¼ cups (300g) Peanut butter, natural
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1½ cups + 2 tbsps. (200g) Powdered sugar
1/3 cup (80m) Heavy cream
Dark 100g (3.5oz) Dark chocolate
1/2 cup (120ml) Heavy cream
1. Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180C˚). Butter two 8-inch (20cm) cake pans and line the bottoms with a parchment paper, grease the sides. Lightly dust with cocoa powder. Set aside.
2. To a large bowl add flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir well and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl mix buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry, whisk until incorporated. Then add hot coffee (or water) and mix until combined.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pans.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
7. Make the frosting: in a large bowl beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined and creamy. Add heavy cream, 2 tablespoons at the time and vanilla extract, beat until light and fluffy.
8. Transfer the frosting into a piping bag. Cut the top of the cakes.
9. Place one cake layer with flat side down. Spread a layer of frosting, place the second layer of cake on top of the frosting, flat side up. Spread evenly the frosting on top and sides of the cake. Keep the remaining frosting for later.
10. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
11. Make chocolate ganache: Chop the chocolate, place in a large bowl. In a saucepan bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
12. Pour the ganache on top and allow to drip. Smooth the top with an offset spatula, allow to set. Pipe the remaining frosting on top of the ganache.
#cake #chocolate #recipe #peanutbutter
Equipment I used in this video:
Measuring Cups an Spoons in Rose Gold:
Gold Cutlery with Black Handle:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Recipe,how to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake,chocolate cake recipe,chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting,how to make peanut butter cake,how to make peanut butter frosting,how to make a cake,birthday cake,drip cake,cakes,baking,the best cake recipe,the cooking foodie,dessert,chocolate,peanut butter