How To Make Healthier Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Vegan, GF) | Alt-Baking Bootcamp | Well+Good
Likes: 44 – Dislikes: 1
Baker, trainer, and nutritionist Sashah Handal teaches us how to make a pineapple upside down cake with a little less sugar, that’s both vegan and gluten-free. See the full recipe below! #pineappleupsidedowncake #healthybaking #veganbaking
To get notified about new video uploads, subscribe to Well+Good’s channel:
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE)
3 tbsp coconut oil — melted
1 tbsp brown rice syrup
2 tbsp coconut sugar
6-8 pineapple rings, sliced ¼ inch thick. I also used half rings to make fun pattern and different shapes 🙂
Candied cherries (can be omitted for less sugar)
1 cup oat flour
⅔ cup 1:1
¼ cup sorghum flour
½ teaspoon BP + BS
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup coconut sugar
¾ cup pineapple juice
¾ cup coconut milk (canned)
¼ cup + 2 TBLS coconut oil (melted)
2 TBLS vanilla
1 TBL Brown Rice Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Melt 3 TBLS of coconut oil and cover bottom of springform/cake pan with fat. Sprinkle about 2 TBLS of coconut sugar evenly on top of oil.
2. Place sliced pineapple on top of sugar and oil in a flat, even, but fun layer — get creative here!
3. Add candied cherries in the free spaces between the pineapple pieces.
4. Top pineapple and cherries with a drizzle of brown rice syrup
5. Combine all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and sift to ensure no clumps remain.
6. In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients until there is minimal separation of oil.
7. Add wets to dries and combine well. Your batter should be thick but smooth!
8. Pour batter into pre prepared cake pan and bake for 15 mins, rotate, then another 15-20 mins.
9. Check for done-ness by inserting a fork or cake pick into center, it should come out clean of any uncooked batter.
10. Allow to cool for 5 mins and then invert onto plate carefully, remember the bottom will now become the top. Eat when cool enough for your mouth to handle! This cake will become more moist with time, keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Subscribe to Well+Good’s channel for more great recipes:
Looking for more healthy and delicious recipes? Try these:
Vegan berries + cream:
Gluten-free blueberry muffins:
Chocolate peppermint cookies:
Well+Good believes that wellness and health should be attainable for all—and recognizes the many barriers that prevent that from becoming a reality. Sitting at the cross-section of trends, service, and evidence-based journalism, we work to inform, empower, and educate communities and individuals when it comes to fitness, mental health, beauty, food, relationships, finance, and all other ways your day-to-day impacts your ability to live well, while working to challenge the systems that could hold you (or others) back. Your well-being is a birthright. Wellness is how you get there.
You can find Well+Good here:
how to make vegan pineapple upside down cake,how to make gluten-free pineapple upside down cake,pineapple upside down cake,how to make pineapple upside down cake,how to make pineapple cake,how to make pineapple upside down cake from scratch,summer cake,summer cake recipe,vegan cake,vegan cake recipe,gluten-free cake,gluten-free cake recipe,gluten-free desserts,vegan desserts,pineapple upside down cake recipe,vegan baking,vegan pineapple upside down cake