HOW TO MAKE KETO STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE CUPCAKES – A DREAM CAKE !
Likes: 493 – Dislikes: 1
This recipe is adapted from my Keto Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake (see link here – ) As I have some keto strawberry jam made recently from my canning 101 video (see link here – ), I decided to use them for some dessert recipes. So here’s the first one which is quite interesting as the strawberry jam is stuffed into the cupcakes. Then I top it with a yummy cream cheese frosting and added a dollop of the jam at the center of the cream and just use a wooden skewer to create a marbling effect. The end result looks beautiful and when you cut into the cupcakes, the jam oozes out and that makes the cupcakes a dream. So soft, moist, flavorful and delicious ! These cupcakes will definitely wow your guests as they really taste as good as they look. And I can bet you that no one would not know that it’s keto.
As usual, I love to use coconut flour to make these keto cakes. It’s so much cheaper, lower in net carbs and healthier. If you’re wondering, the taste of coconut is not obvious at all due to the cream cheese. But if you are not a fan of coconut flour, I have provided an option for almond flour below.
This recipe can be viewed and printed at this link ;
COCONUT FLOUR VERSION
[ Total Servings = 10 ] Per serving ;
Total Carb = 3.1 g
Dietary Fiber = 0.6 g
Net Carb = 2.5 g
Calories = 354
Total Fat = 36.7 g
Protein = 4.7 g
ALMOND FLOUR VERSION
[ Total Servings = 10 ] Per serving ;
Total Carb = 9 g
Dietary Fiber = 3.5 g
Net Carb = 5.5 g
Calories = 539
Total Fat = 51.6 g
Protein = 11.4 g
Coconut Flour = 120 g / 1 cup (Almond Flour = 480 g / 4 cups)
Baking Powder = 12 g / 3 tsp
Salt = 1/2 to 1 tsp
Zest from 1 lemon
Erythritol = 25 g / 2 tbsp (OR Any keto friendly sweetener. Note that I used a small amount of sweetener as I wanted it to balance out with the sweetness from the frosting and the jam. Actually, my homemade keto strawberry jam is not sweet at all so its mostly from the frosting. If you are not doing frosting, then you need to increase the sweetener for the cupcakes probably around 80 to 120 g depending on your preferred level of sweetness).
Unsalted Butter (softened) = 120 g / 1/2 cup
Cream Cheese (softened) = 120 g / 1/2 cup
Eggs (room temp) = 3 large (about 60 g each with shell)
Whipping Cream = 240 ml / 1 cup
Vanilla Extract = 2 tsp
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING & STRAWBERRY JAM
Unsalted Butter (softened) = 100 g / 7 tbsp
Cream Cheese (softened) = 160 g / 11 tbsp
Powdered Sweetener = 120 g / 1 cup (I used self ground Erythritol but you can also use any keto friendly sweetener)
Keto Strawberry Jam = 120 g / 6 tbsp
1. Preheat the oven at 340F or 170C.
2. In a big bowl, add the butter, cream cheese and sweetener. Use a handheld mixer to whisk until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk to combine.
4. Add the whipping cream and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
5. Add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Whisk until well combined.
6. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and mix well.
7. Spoon the batter into cup cakes. In the video, I used big and firm paper cups so it came out to be 10 servings. If you are using smaller paper cups then it will yield more cupcakes. If you are using thin paper cups, it’s best to place them on muffin tins so that they can be held firmly.
11. Spread the top of batter evenly.
12. Bake for about 20 to 30 mins or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
13. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING & STRAWBERRY JAM
1. In a bowl, add the butter and cream cheese. Whisk with a handheld mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Add the powdered sweetener and whisk until smooth and creamy.
3. Spoon the cream into a piping bag and secure with a clip. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Spoon the strawberry jam into another piping bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. As my keto strawberry jam is quite chunky and the blueberries are whole, I put them into a blender and blend until a smooth consistency. This is easier for the piping and to make the marbling effect. As there are blueberries mixed in the jam, after blending, the color of the jam is slightly bluish red instead of bright red.
ASSEMBLING THE CUPCAKES
1. Use a large straw or any suitable cutter or knife to make a hole at the center of the cupcake. No need to make the hole right until the bottom.
2. Pipe the jam into the holes then top with the cream cheese frosting.
3. Pipe a dollop of the jam onto the center of the cream.
4. Use a wooden skewer to draw lines and make a marbling effect. Wipe the skewer clean after each use.
First track of music : Cuban Island
Second track of music : Kitty Jazz
Music credit to : Ultimate Tracks
YouTube link ;
keto cake,keto strawberry cream cheese cupcakes,lowcarbrecipeideas strawberry cream cheese cupcakes,keto strawberry jam,strawberry cream cheese cake low carb,cream cheese cupcakes keto,strawberry cupcakes keto,coconut flour cake,grain free cake,gluten free cake,wheat free cake,guiltfree cake