Vanilla Pound Cake | How to Make a Perfect Pound Cake | How Tasty
Likes: 343 – Dislikes: 4
How to make the perfect Vanilla Pound Cake, buttery, moist, melt in your mouth and so easy! I’ll show you all the tips to make a soft classic pound cake made with traditional ingredients.
You can customize it adding some lemon, orange zest, raisins…or your favourite flavor!
You can serve it with custard cream, whipped cream, chocolate ganache, fruit jam…or simply as it is!
► BLUEBERRY LEMON POUND CAKE:
► EGGLESS CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE:
Please, leave a comment and subscribe to my channel for more recipe videos!
Video Gear Used For This Video:
Kitchen Tools Using In This Video:
Pound Cake Mold
150 g (1+1/4 cup) all purpose flour
20 g (3 tbsp) cornstarch
5 g (1 tsp) baking powder
pinch of salt
165 g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
165 g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 vanilla bean seeds OR 2 tsp vanilla paste/vanilla extract
45 g water (3 tbsp)
25 g sugar (2 tbsp)
1/4 vanilla bean seeds OR 1 tsp vanilla paste/extract
Make Pound Cake:
1. In a medium size bowl sift together flour, cornsatrch, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix butter with an hand mixer for about 2 minutes at medium speed until creamy and smooth.
3. Add gradually sugar and keep on mixing for about 4 minutes: you have to incorporate air to get soft pound cake. Remember to scrape the bowl often with your spatula. You’ll get very pale and fluffy butter mix.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mix every egg for about 60 seconds until well incorporated.
5. Incorporate vanilla.
6. Sift the dry ingredients in 2-3 times into the butter mix and gently fold with a spatula: don’t overmix the flour mix and don’t use the hand mixer!
7. Place the dough into a greased, floured and bottom lined a Pound Cake loaf pan (25cm-10inch long).
8. Grease a knife with melted butter and score a straight line in the center of pound cake: this will help your cake to crack in the middle.
9. Bake in preheated no-fan electric oven at 165°C-330°F for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean: be careful to not overbake your cake! If your cake burnt on top or you get a tought crust, lower the temperature of your oven and bake for longer.
10. Cool down the cake in its pan, so you’ll get a moist pound cake (cool it down for at least 40 minutes before unmold it)
Make Vanilla Syrup:
1. Place water, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for about 3 minutes until thicken but still clear.
3. Unmold your pound cake when just slightly warm.
4. Brush the top (the sides too if you want) of pound cake with vanilla syrup.
5. Dry a bit the sugar syrup before serve it.
Store at room temperature for about 2-3 days and cover with plastic wrap.
how to make a cake
pound cake recipe,how to make pound cake,pound cake,the perfect pound cake,vanilla,vanilla pound cake,how tasty pound cake,tasty pound cake,how tasty,tasty,how tasty channel,vanilla pound cake recipe,popund cake tips,how to make the best pound cake,butter cake,vanilla cake,vanilla butter cake,the perfect vanilla cake,the best vanilla cake,the best cake,melt in your mouth