How to Make Chocolate Lava Cake (with Cayenne and Sea Salt)
Likes: 251 – Dislikes: 8
For my birthday (March 1st), I made us all some Chocolate Lava Cake!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (4 people):
For the cake:
6 oz. Dark or semi-sweet chocolate
6 oz. Unsalted butter (diced, room temperature) + 1 oz for ramekins
1/3 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Flour
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp good sea salt
For the whipped cream:
Sweetener (sugar, honey, maple syrup, agave, etc…)
Pink peppercorn (ground)
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Melt chocolate in microwave, using 3 to 4 30-second bursts, stirring after each burst. When melted, remove and
2. Stir in diced butter, until melted
3. While microwaving, in another bowl, beat eggs and sugar until it starts to get frothy and whiten.
4. Gently stir in melted chocolate, and then the flour, then salt and cayenne.
5. Butter 4 ramekins or, for smaller portions, 6 cupcake cups, and pour in chocolate batter until not quite full.
6. Bake for about 9-10 minutes for cups, 10-12 minutes for ramekins. Check often in the final minutes to avoid overcooking.
7. Run a knife gentle around the edge of the ramekins/cups.
8. Gently turn container upside down onto dessert plates or rack and serve immediately.
9. Take a tiny, tiny pinch of a very good quality sea salt and sprinkle it over top, instead of the traditional powdered sugar. Watch the crystals melt – it’ll burst the flavor into your mouth!
I’ve been wanting to do cooking videos for a while. Hope you enjoy it! More to come, hopefully.