[NEW] Hacks To Make Your Boxed Cake Mix Taste Homemade 2020

Hacks To Make Your Boxed Cake Mix Taste Homemade

If you’re new, Subscribe! →

There’s no shame in baking a cake using a boxed cake mix. You’ve got practically everything you need all boxed up in a super-convenient package. But, let’s face it… boxed cake mix tastes suspiciously like boxed cake mix. So what do you do if you crave the flavor and texture of a homemade cake, but need the convenience a boxed cake mix offers? These hacks will elevate your boxed cake into the made-from-scratch flavor you crave…

Dairy delish | 0:26
Creamy substitutes | 1:00
Use soda | 1:54
Mocha masterpiece | 2:24
Juice it up | 2:46
Egg-speriment | 3:15
Homemade frosting | 4:02
Candy crush | 4:26

Read more here →

Website →
Like us →
Instagram →
Pinterest →

Mashed is the ultimate destination for food lovers. Whether you’re just learning how to cook or ready to take your kitchen skills to the next level, Mashed has all the tips and tricks you’ll ever need to be a chef… Or at least enough hacks to help you fake it til you make it. We’ve got your back at every step, from grocery shopping smarts to serving a perfectly prepared dish. Would you rather eat out than whip it up yourself? Mashed has all the info you’ll need for that, too — from the best and worst foods to order at your favorite restaurants, to what today’s most popular chefs really have up their sleeves. No matter what kind of foodie you are, Mashed has your recipe for success.
how to make a cake
cake mix,cake mix hacks,how to make box cake mix better,making cake mix better,boxed cake mix subsitutes,boxed cake mix hacks,box cake mix best,box cake mix best results,making box caked mix better,cake mix better,box cake mix better,improving box cake mix,box cake mix improvement,box cake mix better flavor,box cake mix subs,box cake mix milk for water,box cake mix butter for oil,can i subsitute in box cake mix,box cake mix trick,box cake mix tips

42 thoughts on “[NEW] Hacks To Make Your Boxed Cake Mix Taste Homemade 2020

1. Iamladoo S says:

Why are people so mad some do boxe cake. Like I personally love baking stuff but when you gotta have a good cake and don’t wanna try a new recipes like for birthday I just buy the boxed cake because I know it is good plus I am sorry but I tried so many chocolate cake recipes all where bad appart from that one chocolate cake recipes which I lost so just don’t wanna try a new one because it will never be better then that one cake. As well not everyone as the patience to do it because yeah it does take time for real plus maybe not everyone actually got the material to do it. Why you guys acting like it is a crime for real sorry we not all Bree Vand de Kamp

2. 1MSWILLIE says:

WHY DO PEOPLE CONSTANTLY BASH BOX CAKES MIXES? THEY ARE AMAZING JUST LIKE THEY ARE. THEY DON'T NEED "FIXING" TO MAKE THEM TASTE LIKE HOME MADE CAKES. I HAVE GOT NEWS FOR YOU–I AM OLD AND I REMEMBER WHEN THERE WERE NO WIDELY DISTRIBUTED CAKE MIXES–HOME MADE CAKES ARE NOT ALWAYS GOOD. SOMETIMES THEY ARE DRY AS A POPCORN FART! I WILL TAKE A MIX EVERYTIME—WITH NO APOLOGIES FOR IT.

3. Arktria says:

When I use box cake I find a bryer or turkey hill ice cream flavor that's the same as the cake and then measure a little less than a cup of it and let it melt, then pour into mix, also I use a small spoon of sugar, a pinch of dominos brown sugar, a small amount of melted butter, pinch of salt and that's pretty much it.

4. Helen Adair says:

I'm late seeing this but, I can make a cake from scratch but I use box cakes because, I'm busy or too tired to do it from scratch, I always put a little umph in my box cakes, it's nothing wrong with that, it's a great help, I'm know as a great baker because I do both when it comes to cakes, if someone doesn't like the ideal, don't continue watching, but don't tell others what to do everyone isn't good at baking just like everyone isn't good at cooking. Rarely you find a person who's awesome at both.

5. Vicky says:

Homemade chocolate is much much better! And so easy!
    But when it comes to vanilla or yellow cake, I really do like to use boxed! But hacked of course! And NEVER use store bought frosting! Gross. If u use a combination of boxed cake with hacks and homemade frosting, it’s actually quite good!

6. paul ducharme says:

I know you shouldn't eat cake batter (but who doesn't) anyway, what I do for easy, delicious and fast frosting.
    Make the mix (homemade or boxed with desired type,I like pecan or lemon but you can use any kind except plain).
    Reserve about 1/4 cup of the batter mix and add it to whipped topping (ready whip) about 1 1/2 cups stir well (yep that easy) refrigerate until cake is baked and cooled or it will melt when spreading.
    Makes enough for a 2 or 3 layer cake.
    You can use real whipped cream, however it tends to get rather thin.
    Finished cake must be refrigerated or the frosting will melt in about an hour at room temp.
    Some people have told me it's the best frosting they ever tasted as it is never too sweet, like icing sugar ones.
    If you're afraid of getting contamination from the raw batter you can mix in 2 tbsp lemon juice to the 1/4 cup batter before adding the whipped cream or topping as it a natural preservative and removes contaminates or most minor germs.

7. Dee Timmy-Hutch-Fan says:

Another tip; for any flavor cake, I use 1 box of yellow cake mix, 1/2 packet of unsweetened koolaid, and then prepare the cake how you prefer. Use the other 1/2 of koolaid to flavor the icing. Believe me, it works! 🙂 This is how I can create exotic cake flavors like orange, lime and blue raspberry.

8. julia louk says:

I've been using sweetened condensed milk bringing all the ingredients to room temperature all my eggs and stuff or sometimes I put pudding mix in there with the milk or pudding Jell-O mix special with the strawberry of the red velvet flavor